Phoenix & Scottsdale Criminal Defense Attorney
If you have been arrested or charged with a crime in Arizona, whether you live in Phoenix, Scottsdale, Mesa, or Glendale, it takes an experienced criminal defense attorney to protect your rights and preserve your freedom. The Blischak Law Firm has more than 25 years of experience handling criminal cases in the state and federal courts.
John W. Blischak started his legal practice after serving as an FBI agent and a county prosecutor. His experience in the criminal justice system has given him a unique perspective on defending criminal cases. At the same time, he has also developed solid working relationships with members of law enforcement and state and federal prosecutors. By understanding the unique circumstances of your case, he will provide you with an honest assessment of the charges against you and the chances of success at trial.
Mr. Blischak has a proven track record of aggressively and successfully defending clients who are facing a variety of criminal charges, including:
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI) – Because these are serious driving offenses that often lead to injuries and fatalities, the state aggressively prosecutes DUI, which is defined as driving while impaired by alcohol or other legal or illegal substances. The penalties for DUI are serious, including jail time, loss of driving privileges, points on your license, and significant fines and fees. Arizona also has an implied consent law which means that you will be subject to a fine and automatic license suspension for refusing to submit to a breathalyzer or blood test.
- Drug offenses – There are a variety of drug charges including possession, distribution or trafficking, manufacturing and prescription fraud. While the severity of these charges depend on the classification of the drugs involved, state and federal narcotics laws are vigorously enforced in Arizona. In short, anyone facing drug charges can be incarcerated, even for minor offenses.
- Assault – Assault can involve making mere threats of violence to actually inflicting bodily harm on another individual. Misdemeanor assault, or simple assault, can be charged when an individual puts another person in fear of bodily harm, touches another with the intent of causing physical harm, or causes physical injury. A conviction can lead to a one year prison sentence and a fine.
- Aggravated Assault – This crime involves so-called aggravating circumstances such as whether the assault results in a serious physical injury or was committed with a deadly weapon, among others. Aggravated assault is a felony charge and a conviction can result in prison sentences ranging from 5 to 25 years depending on the circumstances.
- Domestic Violence – This crime involves any act or threat of violence against any person with whom the accused has or had an intimate relationship such as current or former spouses, parents, children, romantic partners, or anyone residing in the same household. A conviction can lead to serious consequences such as a prison sentence, fines, court fees, probation, a permanent restraining order, and more.
- Sex Offenses – There are a variety of offenses that can be charged as misdemeanors or felonies, including sexual assault (rape), sexual abuse, child molestation, prostitution, public sexual indecency, and indecent exposure. A conviction can lead to a lengthy prison sentence, mandatory registration as a sex offender and possible lifetime probation.
- White Collar Crime – Fraud, theft, embezzlement, bribery and other white collar crimes are serious offenses that can lead to severe penalties in Arizona including fines and imprisonment.
Superior Criminal Defense Strategies
If you are facing misdemeanor or felony charges in Arizona, the Blischak Law Firm will provide you with a comprehensive defense strategy. Our work begins as soon as you are arrested, and we will represent you at the arraignment. This is the initial court hearing during which you are formally charged and bail is arranged. We will work to secure your release so that you can return to your normal routine while we build your case.
A successful strategy starts with conducting a thorough investigation and collecting evidence. We will obtain and review a copy of the police report to determine the facts and uncover any errors that may have been committed by law enforcement. For example, the arresting officer may have failed to read you your rights or the police may have obtained evidence without a search warrant. We will also identify and interview all relevant witnesses and determine if there is evidence of your innocence or any mitigating factors. In addition, we will conduct pre-trial discovery, prepare and file all of the necessary legal motions, and vigorously defend you at trial.
Experienced Arizona Criminal Defense Representation
At the Blischak Law Firm, we believe that anyone who has been accused of a crime is innocent until proven guilty. John W. Blischak has been successfully defending clients against criminal charges in state and federal courts for over 25 years. He is a highly adept trial attorney who will fight to win an acquittal or have the charges against you dismissed. Depending on the circumstances, he may also seek to have the charges reduced or arrange for a plea bargain. In the event of a conviction, he will determine if there are grounds for an appeal.
Over his many years of practice, John W. Blischak has earned a reputation for honesty and integrity and putting the best interests of his clients first. Being charged with a crime is a serious matter that can have long-lasting consequences, not the least of which is the loss of your freedom. If you have been accused of a crime, call the Blischak Law Firm today at (602) 252-1984 or fill out a contact form for a free consultation.