Personal Injury Attorneys Serving Phoenix, Scottsdale, Mesa, and All of Arizona
Being injured in an accident in Arizona is a frightening experience that can have serious, long-term consequences. Many victims experience ongoing pain and suffering and are left with significant financial burdens. That’s the bad news. The good news is that an experienced personal injury attorney can help victims and their loved ones obtain meaningful compensation.
The Blischak Law Firm has a proven track record of successfully pursuing personal injury claims arising from all types of accidents, including:
- Automobile Accidents – Arizona relies on at “at-fault” auto insurance system which means there are a number of options for settling accident claims. You can file a claim with your insurer, the at-fault driver’s insurance company, or pursue a personal injury lawsuit against the other driver. Nonetheless, obtaining the full value of your claim requires the skills of an experienced auto accident attorney.
- Motorcycle Accidents – The warm climate and open terrain of the Southwest are attractive features for motorcyclists, but accidents are far too common, often leading to catastrophic injuries. Pursuing a claim can be complicated because there is a bias against motorcycle riders.
We have the skills that are necessary for pursuing successful claims against negligent drivers and manufacturers.
- Truck Accidents – The highways in Arizona are shared by drivers of automobiles, commercial trucks, and tractor-trailers, and collisions can lead to devastating injuries to occupants of smaller vehicles. Although state and federal truck safety laws are designed to protect the public, truck accidents are often the result of poor maintenance and driver negligence.
- Slip, Trip and Fall Accidents – Owners of residential, commercial and public property have an obligation to provide a safe environment to pedestrians and visitors. When injuries occur as a result of hazards such as wet floors, broken steps, cracked or raised sidewalks, poorly lit areas, and other dangerous conditions, negligent property owners must be held accountable.
- Product Liability – Consumers in Arizona are protected against dangerous and defective products by state and federal laws, but manufacturing and design defects contribute to numerous injuries each year. When injuries occur, it is possible to recover damages from negligent manufacturers and distributors.
- Wrongful Death – Losing a loved one is a painful experience, but when the death is caused by the reckless, negligent or malicious conduct of another person, it is possible to find justice by pursuing a wrongful death lawsuit. Although no amount of money can replace a loved one, we believe that negligent parties must be held accountable.
We provide a powerful combination of legal knowledge and negotiating skills to help our clients obtain the compensation they deserve. We offer each client a superior level of personal service regardless of the size of the case.
How much is my personal injury case worth?
While each case is unique, the value of your personal injury claim depends on a number of variables,
including the extent of your injuries and the nature of the accident. However, you may be able to recover economic damages for the past and future medical expenses, lost wages, and other financial losses related to the injury. In addition, non-economic damages may be awarded for pain and suffering, physical impairment, loss of enjoyment of life and other losses. Finally, you may also be entitled to punitive damages if the at-fault party’s conduct was intentional or malicious.
Resolving most injury claims involves negotiating with an insurance company, however, insurers typically attempt to settle cases for as little money as possible. If the insurer fails to offer a fair and reasonable settlement, we are prepared to litigate the matter in court. It is important to note, however, that the laws of comparative negligence apply to personal injury cases in Arizona. This means that if you are found to be partially at fault for the accident, a number of damages you can recover will be reduced. For example, if the court or insurer determines the total damages in a claim are $10,000 and finds that you are 20 percent at fault, the amount of your award will be reduced to $8,000.
How long do I have to file a personal injury claim in Arizona?
If you intend to pursue an injury claim, you must act quickly because the statute of limitations to file a personal injury lawsuit is two years from the date of the accident or injury. In addition, if your claim involves a public entity or employee, you must file a claim with a person or persons authorized to accept service for the public entity or employee within 180 days of the date of the accident.
Phoenix Personal Injury Attorneys
At the Blischak Law Firm, we have dedicated advocates for injury victims work closely with each client throughout the process. By focusing on the unique circumstances of each case, we fight to obtain the maximum settlement, and will only accept an offer that is fair and reasonable. Over our many years of practice, clients have come to us afraid and confused, not knowing where to turn. We are always available to respond to questions and concerns, and handle all the details of a case so that our clients can focus on recovering.
By collaborating with a respected network of accident reconstruction specialists, forensic experts, and medical professionals, we fight to achieve successful outcomes in every personal injury matter. All of our personal injury cases are handled on a contingency basis, which means that we do not charge any fees until a claim is settled. We are committed to helping our clients recover physically, emotionally and financially. We are guided by one basic principle: fighting to achieve the best outcome for our clients. If you or a loved one was injured in an accident due to another’s negligence, call the Blischak Law Firm at (602) 252-1984 today for a free consultation.